Breakout interior designer digs a deep foundation
So many entrepreneurs have a poor quality of life: always spinning their wheels, never bringing home a real paycheck, chasing clients that aren’t a great fit (but desperately needing the revenue). Heather Safferstone, however, broke out of the entrepreneur rut. In her own words, “I didn’t start this business to be poor.” She was not going to fall blindly into her business. She wanted to be ready for anything the industry threw at her: she needed to get her shit together from the get-go.
Heather worked with Sisarina (now Branded Confidence) to develop the Safferstone brand. And boy did Heather do her homework. By the end, she knew her target clients: busy, badass moms. Her differentiator – thoughtful, personalized designs for real-life function and livability – was both her sweet spot AND a competitive edge. She had gotten crystal clear on her business model (full service interior design). Her website was built and her social media pages were signed, sealed, delivered.
After cutting her teeth as a professional interior designer, Heather was ready to break out in her own brand in the Philadelphia market. She needed people to be able to find her online and love what they see there. She needed language to describe her style and her services. She needed to lay the foundation of all of her marketing efforts with fresh and compelling content. And she needed everything to be on point.
- Over the course of several Brain Dumps, we downloaded all the ‘stuff’ stuck in Heather’s head: What makes Saffestone special? How does she attack a project? What problems does she solve for her clients? Why do they love working with her?*
*Answers: her god-given talent; with gusto; your house is now your favorite place in the world (you’re welcome); it’s like talking to your bestie about interior design— you trust her implicitly, and boy, does she have good taste!
- We wrote the lion’s share of Branded Copy needed for her website, her online platforms, and her social media pages. We captured her voice, and it swept across the internet like a breath of fresh air.
- We put forth a Social Strategy, based on valuable feedback from a you’re-my-favorite-tell-me-more Safferstone Survey revealing strong preferences for blog posts, being on Houzz, and Pinterest activity. Their wish was our command: we added fully-developed profiles, a portfolio, and scheduled 120 tweets!
- We started thinking about Branded Processes, developing the beginnings of an internal how-to manual for any future staff members. Spreadsheets and guidelines and scripts, oh my!
- Big picture thinking, Grows & Glows, and a 9-month Action Plan were must-haves in the Safferstone Marketing Plan, THE deliverable for epic goal-casting, seasoned advice, and a concrete to-do list for market domination (*maniacal laugh*).
- Oh, and the Blog? More of that branded copy goodness, like storytelling and observations on topics her best clients say they want more of: behind-the-scenes, things she loves, and life from the eye of the designer.
If you love watching a breakout talent make a name for herself AND your Instagram feed is chock full of patterns, color, contrast, unique pieces, and an artful eye… then stop what you’re doing and immediately follow @Safferstone. Witness her creative magic completely transform spaces. Room by room, she turns home interiors into her clients’ happy place, providing a kickass backdrop for them to live their best lives.
“Hiring Rebecca was likely the best business decision I’ve made to date as a solo entrepreneur. She has become a partner and a resource for me in my business initiatives beyond our branded content. Her gitterdone-anything-is-possible attitude is a breath of fresh air when the hats pile on and the to do list seems to duplicate itself. I highly recommend her, but please don’t hire her because I need her to always have room in her schedule for me.”