Now, to market, to market to market we go.
Now, they needed all of the things that a successful enterprise needs: branded assets and the words to and the words to ‘speak’ about their spirit online and in person. They needed the tangible materials that grease the wheels of business. And they knew instinctively that this wasn’t just a job needing pretty graphics, a brand was needed, a brand built on rock solid values and an engaging vitality. These things do not happen in a vacuum; they are thoughtfully developed with strict attention and intention. This is Brand.
So it follows, this is where I come in.
Enter Rebecca. (That’s me.)
Ahhh, a real shot to prove my brand development chops. TPHG gave me carte blanche, an open canvas to paint a clear picture of their purpose and passion. Every leader needs followers and it was my job to give their fanbase something to connect with.
We started with a rough logo and a clunky tagline. From there, the world was our oyster. Together — along with newly-onboarded and instantly-perfect Operations Specialist and Online Business Manager Dana Brunson, keepin’ those trains running on time — we built a suite of assets that would carry TPHG through their first year of fully-realized operations.
In partnership, we:
- Did a deep dive into building a brand from scratch. We leaned into the Power of Positioning and purpose while at the same time, began to document and catalog this business building in a shared, living document that would eventually become our Brand Foundations Book, an ever-growing resources that spells out, letter-by-letter, the how/where/why of marketing. (In fact, we call it “The ABC’s of TPHG.”) Folks who seek to go down the rabbit hole and learn exactly how we did what we did to build/bake the Thompson Premier Homes Group can email me to see the Brand Foundations book in its entirety.
- Communicated these ideas to create pros and service providers to begin the multi-faceted work of generating and cataloging the branded assets that any modern business needs to conduct itself… and still command an elevated price point. For TPHG, marketing development dollars went to an incredibly talented graphic designer and a commercially-appealing and completely compelling professional video. Eyecandy that effectively communicates your brand is clutch; you’ve gotta give your people something to vibe with.
- Planted a flag in digital platforms, customizing our suite of social media, taglines, URLS, and hashtags with as much “tphgsellsdc”, “equityiseverything”, and “thepathtoproperty” as we could spread across the internet. We contextualized these constructs with deep content.
- Buttressed internal efforts to bolster communications efforts. From the “Hey, Agent, welcome to the team” feel-good stuff to the real-talk needed to respond to negative reviews and general disgruntlement, we developed a Brand Voice for TPHG that is smart, accessible, friendly, and supportive. Think Angela Bassett as Tina Turner: intelligent, ambitious, magnetic, self-made, empowered. We applied her everywhere and to everything.
- Trained the trainers by hosting virtual training sessions, one-on-one professional development, and how-to resources for all things marketing. Entrepreneurial cheerleading and business advice was applied liberally, investing in the institutional knowledge of the team and “avoiding the void” that inevitably comes when the consultant is no longer there in the day-to-day.
- Developed…..So. Much. Branded Content. TPHG has chosen to differentiate themselves on service, value, and platform. They are using real estate as a vehicle to wealth building and financial sovereignty. These are tough stories that need tellin’. It takes a clever quill to nestle TPHG values and message in the Social Revolutions and Health + Economic Pandemics of 2020. Finely tuned “bullshit detectors,” situational awareness, and the power of Google, today’s home buyers/sellers are more educated, more savvy, more woke than ever before. They have no patience for fluffy picket fences and stock photos of 2.5 middle class kids + rescue dog rounding the bend on Christmas morning, they need are owed The Truth. Real estate investing is a sure fire way to end renter’s poverty and take control of your destiny with ownership stake in your communities. In other words, stop waiting for legislation to change and start controlling the conversation. Blog posts, website content, social media posts, lead magnet, email campaigns, anything that tells the story of empowerment through Real Estate Investment.
- Solved problems that come part and parcel with building a brand. Website, content strategy, sales tools, document development, file management… all of the things! I was there with that boots-on-the-ground support that deftly maneuvers around anything troublesome that crops up along the way and identifying opportunities for partnership and growth. (Ask me about how I solved the problem of having a website without starting one from scratch or leaning in on the very uncustomizable and anemic option from the brokerage umbrella for >$330.)
Now, Thompson Premier Homes Group has every single thing it needs to fly out of the nest of start up and build an empire.
They have the words, the images, and the ideas to make their name soar, to dominate conversations about real estate investing, community building, and wealth creation. They have relatable content that educates and inspires. They have the digital footprint and the wheels of communication on autopilot so they can stop worrying about following-up on leads and start concentrating on building value for their clients. In other words, they have a big, beautiful brand, a lighthouse for anyone who wants to be put on a path to property and prosperity.